Ok - another out of order blog post. I'm not sure whether to go back and put my posts in the chronological order - I'm figuring that you don't tell all a trip's stories in strict order, and so I don't need to blog in order either. However, as people don't always seem to follow my stories, maybe I'll need to revise this idea.
Anyway, at this (I guess metaphorical, in-story point) point, we've just hired the car and departed from Malmo. We spent a night camping at a lake somewhere mid-Sweden, which taught us that mosquitos also enjoy lakes, Swedish camping fees are a bit steep (half a pair of jeans per tent!), and that the beauty of Rob's $20 tent is in the eye of the beholder. However, the lake and surroundings were idyllic.
Next stop was the Bohuslan coast, north of Gothenburg. It's a pretty place, where old fishing villages dot a winding coastline, that consists of a bunch of granite boulders and islets. So, we camped under a windmill. In our defence, it was the only bit of free ground that we could find, but it did detract from the scenery a touch. Thankfully, the windmill (or maybe the wind?) shut down at night, so its repetitive swoosh did not provide the sound track for our dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment